|This year's Lending Compliance Triage will be as information-packed as ever.|
Here's a look at some of the topics that will be included in the upcoming 2019 Lending Compliance Triage conference:
In addition, we encourage you to submit questions prior to the conference and we will do our best to incorporate the answers into the program. Simply email your questions to email@example.com. Of course, we've also set aside time to answer your questions during the conference whether you are attending in Scottsdale or viewing the live stream from your office.
- Hot Topics
- RESPA Section 8 violations; TRID estimates; private student loans; credit reporting; electronic credit monitoring; security breaches fallout; appraisal threshold adjustments; Fintech challenges… and more.
- Ability to Repay and QM
- Ah, .43 and .32 of Regulation Z. What's the latest with the ability to repay test? What's being overlooked in Section .32 compliance? What has happened with customer claims of non-compliance? How will the expiration of the "GSE patch" impact the industry and what is being done to address qualified mortgages in the wake of that? Tune in to find out.
- Recarving the Totem Pole
- When a compliance officer is low person on the totem pole, the institution will suffer as a result. We'll discuss the benefits of elevating the compliance officer's status, detail the discussions and meetings a compliance officer should always attend, and suggest strategies for making it happen.
- Secrets of BOL Super Users
- Ever wonder if there is a better way to find information or a faster method for reaching what you're looking for? Our power user panel will share their tips and tricks.
- Policy and Process issues
- The best possible protection against all kinds of claims that your bank did something it wasn't supposed to (or didn't do something it WAS supposed to) involves having well thought-out processes that are consistently followed and monitored. We'll talk about what that means and point out areas where you may be process-deficient
- Pending CRA Changes and the Implications
- CRA is NOT going away. We'll tell you about the changes that are coming and what you need to know and do NOW.
- Pearls of Wisdom for Lending Compliance
- Collectively, our Triage speakers have over 200 years of banking experience. We've seen things, we've done things, we know things - not just the chapter and verse type of information, but also shiny nuggets of knowledge not found in any book that we're happy to impart to you in this session.
- Advertising & Social Media
- We're operating in an age where it is possible to slice and dice your potential target audience for ads every which way and a loan officer can drunk-post on social media about your mortgage loans in the middle of the night from a cellphone. What can go wrong, and how do you police it - that's the subject of this session.
- How to play nice with regulators
- A good working relationship with your examiners is a beautiful thing. How do you achieve it when you don't see eye to eye on issues or when you feel you aren't being treated fairly? This session provides practical tips for taking the pain out of examinations.
- How to read regulations
- News Flash! Federal Register publications aren't like James Patterson novels: you don't start with page one and read breathlessly until you come to the end. If you truly want to understand a regulatory issuance (particularly a new rule), there is a method for tackling the task. Once you learn it, you will wonder how you ever did without it.
- Court Decisions and Litigation
- We not only have to keep an eye on the regulators, we also have to consider what's going on in the courts. In this session, you will hear about the most important recent judicial decisions impacting lending compliance, as well as litigation that's in the news and noteworthy settlements (such as the Wells Fargo force-placed insurance mess).
- HMDA Issues & Answers
- The HMDA dust is still settling. Where are the points of confusion? What's being screwed up? What do you need to check up on? We'll tell you all about it!
- Training Issues
- Never before has targeted training been more important. There are more regulatory requirements/prohibitions than ever before, yet many institutions are moving to a personal banker model where each frontline employee is expected to be able to service whatever need a customer might have. We'll provide insight into steps you should be taking to ensure crucial compliance requirements don't fall through the cracks.
- Cannabis Banking
- Can your bank legally loan money to hemp farmers? CBD sellers? Marijuana-related businesses? Cannabis sativa includes both hemp and marijuana and neither is restriction-free. Find out how asset forfeiture laws, state marijuana, CBD and hemp laws, the federal the Anti-Proliferation Act, and the Farm Bill of 2018 impact your decisions in this session and whether the SAFE Banking Act would provide any relief.
- Reg B/ECOA
- How can there be so many misunderstandings and mess-ups on a law and reg that have been around as long as ECOA and Reg B have been? They are complex, the Commentary is great but still leaves gray areas, and new employees have a lot to absorb. In this session, we put the spotlight on some of the areas where we see problems surfacing and we'll touch on fair lending in this segment as well.
- Payday Lending
- Where are we now? What is the status of payday lending-related rulemaking? What are the payday loan protections CFPB has designed? What can we do, what can't we? Listen in to get the scoop.
- Creative compliance
- If you're tired of being the "Department of No," we have suggestions for changing your approach. Yes, you have to put kibosh on products, plans, features, marketing ploys and more that would violate a statute or rule or raise the specter of UDAAP, but there are times when you can offer an alternative that will turn you from zero to hero. Learn how in this session.
- Military Lending Act Issues
- What's the latest news on MLA compliance and how do changes to the MLA website for checking status affect you? We'll provide an update.
We'll be monitoring lending compliance developments to bring you the up-to-the-minute information and guidance that you need.
BOL Conferences, Inc.
2541 Flint Ridge Rd,
Edmond, OK 73003
PH: 888-229-8872 ext. 87
FAX: 405-348-7641 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For sponsorship information, contact Tobi Chunowitz, 888-229-8872 ext. 801